Tuesday, August 13, 2024

July Through August Happenings

Well, it seems I've been a little neglectful of this blog. So here's what's been going on lately.

The 4th of July was quiet for us, but Holland enjoyed herself with sparklers.

Dad and I explored a local state park and noticed these things sticking out of the ground. According to the sign,  the cypress trees have "knees" that continue to supply air to the tree during flooding.


Here's a video of Cricket after his bath, he gets the zoomies.


Dad and his painting, he is really enjoying this new hobby. 

I started reading a new mystery series by JK Rowling, who uses the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. The first book is The Cuckoo's Calling, it's been really good.

 Little Miss Holland got a fancy new pair of high heels, isn't she the cutest?!

And of course the two standouts at the Olympics, Snoop Dog and the Turkish Shooter who walked out in flip flops and his hand in his pocket and took the silver medal.


John John came for a visit, he has grown up quite a bit since last time we saw him. Pop-Pop took him on an airboat ride and lots of dinners out. 

I bought an Air Fryer and made some panko breaded cod. We plan to make some wings and try a few new dishes. I really liked it and am surprised it took me this long to buy one.




Well, I will leave you with a joke I heard. A man divorced his cross-eyed wife, they never saw eye to eye. LOL

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Luke said...

Very cool updates! Look up the Olympic breakdancing if you want a good laugh

Anonymous said...

I saw some of her routine, that was so strange. Though I think having break dancing in the Olympics is strange in itself.

State Park, Lewes Castle and Books

 Hello Everyone! Dad and I enjoy visiting State Parks. In Florida there are currently 175, we have visited 20, ha ha! Here's some pics f...